Electric Artwork STEM Day kit
The Electric Artwork STEM Day kit gives students everything they need to do a hands-on STEAM activity 1 Box provides all the equipment you need for approximately 5-6 hours which equals 1 day or 1 hour a week for half a term of activity time for a class of 30. Each box maps onto the KS2 STEM curriculum.
The Story: Rania and Amun are friends who live in a small village in the desert. Last year they were so excited because they got their first mobile phones, but ever since, they have been frustrated because the battery runs out really quickly and it is hard to charge up. The village often loses its power supply, leaving them with no way to charge the phones.
Rania and Amun want to invent a battery that can last for longer. This would help them solve their battery problem as well as help the people in their village who need a better electricity supply. But first they need to understand how batteries work and they need your help.
Can you explore batteries and electricity and give some ideas to Rania and Amun?
Fun Facts about our Electric Artwork STEM Day kit:
- The engineering Champion linked to this box is Louise Laidler
- Each kit contains collectable lab kit such as timers, test tubes and beakers so you can build your classroom STEM resources
- We’ve never used single use plastic packaging (and are working with suppliers to try and stop them doing it too!)
- We invent and manufacture all our boxes in Oxfordshire. See some behind the scenes footage of our boxes being tested in our cadet lab here
- Postage will be added at checkout