Rubber Band Racer STEM Day
Rubber Band Racer KS2 Students will explore STEM, through stories about a real world challenge. 1 Box provides all the equipment you need for approximately 5-6 hours which equals 1 day or 1 hour a week for half a term of activity time for a class of 30. Each box maps onto the KS2 STEM curriculum.
The Story: Jedda is 11 and lives in the outback in Australia, 500 miles from the nearest town. Her home is a cattle ranch with thousands of cows. She is so far away she goes to the “School of the air” where she tunes into the radio to do her lessons with a teacher in a school thousands of miles away. It can get really lonely out there and Jedda’s best friend Coen lives on a farm about 15 miles away. She needs to build a car that doesn’t need fuel and is really cheap to make, can you help her test her prototype?
Fun Facts about our Rubber Band Racer STEM Day kit:
- The engineering Champion linked to this box is Louise Laidler
- Each kit contains collectable lab kit such as timers, test tubes and beakers so you can build your classroom STEM resources
- We’ve never used single use plastic packaging (and are working with suppliers to try and stop them doing it too!)
- We invent and manufacture all our boxes in Oxfordshire. See some behind the scenes footage of our boxes being tested in our cadet lab here
- Postage will be added at checkout