Staying Afloat STEM Day in a Box
The Staying Afloat STEM Day gives KS2 Students everything they need to explore STEM, through stories about a real world challenge. 1 Box provides all the equipment you need for approximately 5-6 hours which equals 1 day or 1 hour a week for half a term of activity time for a class of 30. Each box maps onto the KS2 STEM curriculum.
Pearl lives on an island in Indonesia and she needs your help! She is 10, and in the past few years the climate has been changing, with big storms becoming common and rising seas. This has cut her off from the places where her people normally find their food. Pearl needs to build a raft to bring food back to her village, can you help her by building a prototype raft that can hold as much weight as possible?
Straws and bags are all made from compostable materials.
Fun Facts about our Staying Afloat STEM Day kit:
- The engineering Champion linked to this box is Louise Laidler
- Each kit contains collectable lab kit such as timers, test tubes and beakers so you can build your classroom STEM resources
- We’ve never used single-use plastic packaging (and are working with suppliers to try and stop them doing it too!)
- We invent and manufacture all our boxes in Oxfordshire. See some behind-the-scenes footage of our boxes being tested in our cadet lab here
- Postage will be added at checkout